These traditional techniques not only have the valuable qualities of being aesthetic and eco-friendly, they have endured long enough to prove these qualities over time and have been shown to provide other advantages such as:
- Absorbing structural movements
- Withstanding thermal cycles
- Repelling air / water pollution
- Natural waterproofing capability
- Vapor permeable
- Retaining colour over decades
- Ageing with character
Due to their breathability, lime finishes vary according to the level of humidity and they shine with time.
Lime’s very high alkaline pH means that mould and fungus cannot grow through it, making it a great alternative to tiles and grout for bathrooms.